General Knowledge Quiz
Time Allocated: 40 minutes
Text Books: As per joining instruction
Marking: Each question is worth equal marks
- HISTORY : Describe the history of the Papacy from its origins to
the present date, concentrating especially but not exclusively on
its social, political, economic, religious and philosophical impact
on Europe, Asia, America and Africa. Be brief, concise and specific.
- MEDICINE :You are provided with a razor blade, a piece of gauze
and a bottle of scotch. Remove your appendix. Do not suture your
work unit it has been inspected. You have 15 minutes.
- PUBLIC SPEAKING : 2500 riot-crazed immigrants are storming the
local Citizens Advice Bureau, Clam them. You may use any ancient
language except Geek of Latin.
- BIOLOGY : Create Life. Estimate the differences in subsequent
human culture if this form of life had developed 500 million years
later with special attention to its probable effects on the British
Parliamentary party system. Prove your thesis.
- MUSIC : Write a piano concerto. Orchestrate and perform it with
flute and drum. Your will find a piano under your seat.
- SOCIOLOGY : Estimate the sociological problems which might
accompany the end of the world. Construct an experiment to test your
- ENGINEERING : The disassembled parts of a high-powered rifle
have been placed in a box on your desk. You will also find an
instruction manual, printed in Swahili. In 10 minutes a hungry
Bengal tiger will be admitted to the room. Take whatever action you
feel appropriate. Be prepared to justify your decision.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE : There is a red telephone on the desk behind
you. Start World War III. Report at length on its sociological
aspects, if any.
- PHILOSOPHY : Sketch the development of human thought; estimate
its significance. Compare with the development of any other kind of
- PHYSICS : Describe the workings of the universe at the molecular level
(see question 10). Pay particular attention to Chaos theory, and using these
two answers, predict the weather in Abu Dhabi (atlas provided) for the 23rd
of October, 2463.
- CHEMISTRY : Synthesise a prostaglandin, a steroid and at least one
heterocyclic compound using Phosphorous. Starting materials include a ball
point pen, a bar of soap and a sandwich (hint - a video of McGyver is
provided. Watch closely as he produces a bomb from the aforesaid items - it
may give you vital clues).
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE : Define the universe. Describe in detail. Give three examples.
NOTE: A pass mark of 85 % is set.
→ Check out more Funny Shit