These were results for an Ozwords comp where entrants were asked to take an Australian word, alter it by only one letter, and supply a new and witty definition.
You'll probably need to be an Aussie to understand!
- to make passionate love beside a waterhole.
- a partner who doesn't work but is kept as a pet.
- a fake indigenous artefact.
- Ern Malley
- all your flat mate's belongings lying strewn around the floor.
- a day off you get by asking the boss nicely.
- the sickie taken after Sunday, for the purpose of fishing.
- fair drinkum
- good quality Aussie wine.
- the sound a roo makes when it hits your bull bar.
- a cat which has been run over by a vehicle.
- the unintelligible language of Australian freshwater crustaceans.
- carlton drift
- the wayward walk home from the pub
- a pretentious drongo who reckons he's above average when it comes to handling himself in the scrub.
- a sheila with a brazillian wax.
→ Check out more Funny Shit